- add the rmp fusion repository. here a simple tutorial to do it.
- as root install avidemux, and some other useful software:
yum install avidemux lame gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly dvdauthor
- launch Avidemux: you 'll find a shortcut to Avidemux in your Application Menu -> Sound & Video
- open your .mkv file. choose "NO" at this message
- choose "YES" at this message
- Select Auto -> DVD and click "OK"
- Select File -> Save -> Save Video... and save it as your_file_name_here.mpeg
- at the end of the task, create a new xml file with this structure (obviously you have to replace the filename with your mpeg filename) and save it as movie.xml:
<vob file="filename.mpeg" />
- in your terminal move to the folder where you saved the mpeg file
- not as root
dvdauthor -o outputfolder -x movie.xml
- in outputfolder you'll find AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS with the vob files ready to be burned